Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training – Hands-on
The Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training course is designed to provide you with the fundamental knowledge to configure and administer the Symantec Data Loss Prevention Enforce platform.
The hands-on labs include exercises for configuring Enforce server, detection servers, and DLP agents as well as performing policy creation and incident detection, incident response, incident reporting, and user and role administration.
Additionally, you are introduced to deployment best practices and the following Symantec Data Loss Prevention products: Network Monitor, Network Prevent, Cloud Service for Email, Cloud Detection Service, Network Discover, Network Protect, Cloud Storage, Endpoint Prevent, and Endpoint Discover. Note that this course is delivered on a Microsoft Windows platform.
Duration: 3 days
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14: Maintain and Troubleshoot Training - Customize It
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group
The target audience for this Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training course:
• The Symantec Data Loss Prevention Administration course is intended for attendees who are responsible for configuring and maintaining Symantec Data Loss Prevention. Additionally, this course is intended for technical users responsible for creating and maintaining Symantec Data Loss Prevention policies and the incident response structure.
Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training - Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training course are:
• This Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training course assumes that students have a basic understanding of Windows server-class operating systems and commands, as well as networking and network security concepts.
Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training - Objectives:
Upon completing this Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• By the end of this Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training course, you will be able to configure and use Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0.
Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.0 Administration Training - Course Content:
Lesson 1: Data Loss Prevention Landscape
• Data Loss Prevention landscape
• Data loss risk management
• Data Loss Prevention real-world use cases
Lesson 2: Overview of Symantec Data Loss Prevention
• Symantec Data Loss Prevention Suite
• Symantec Data Loss Prevention architecture
Lesson 3: Identifying and Describing Confidential Data
• Identifying confidential data
• Configuring Symantec Data Loss Prevention to recognize confidential data
• Described Content Matching (DCM)
• Exact Data Matching (EDM)
• Indexed Document Matching (IDM)
• Vector Machine Learning (VML)
• Form Recognition
• Custom file type detection
• Hands-On Labs: Tour the Enforce console, create policy groups, configure a policy for Personally Identifiable Information (PII) detection, configure a policy for PCI compliance, configure a policy to protect confidential documents, configure a policy for source code protection, configure a policy for Form Recognition, use a template to add a DLP policy
Lesson 4: Locating Confidential Data at Rest
• Determine Where to Search for Confidential Data
• Locate Confidential Data on Corporate Repositories
• Locate Confidential Data in the Cloud
• Locate Confidential Data on Endpoint Computers
• Hands-On Labs: Run a Content Enumeration Scan, scan a Windows target, scan endpoint computers.
Lesson 5: Understanding How Confidential Data is Being Used
• Monitoring confidential data moving across the network
• Monitoring confidential data being used on endpoint computers
• Hands-On Labs: Configure Network Prevent for Email to monitor SMTP messages, use Network Prevent for Email to monitor SMTP messages, monitor Endpoint activity
Lesson 6: Educating End Users to Adopt Data-Protection Practices
• Implementing corporate training on data protection policies
• Providing notifications of user policy violations
• Hands-On Labs: Configure the Active Directory lookup plugin, configure email notifications, configure onscreen notifications
Lesson 7: Preventing Unauthorized Exposure of Confidential Data
• Using response rules to prevent the exposure of confidential data
• Protecting confidential data in motion
• Protecting confidential data in use
• Protecting confidential data at rest
• Hands-On Labs: Configure SMTP blocking, configure Endpoint blocking, configure Endpoint User Cancel, scan and quarantine files on a server file share target, scan and quarantine files on an Endpoint target
Lesson 8: Remediating Data Loss Incidents and Tracking Risk Reduction
• Reviewing risk management frameworks
• Using incident reporting options to identify and assess risk
• Creating tools that support the organization’s risk reduction process
• Communicating risk to stakeholders
• Understanding advanced reporting options and analytics
• Hands-On Labs: Configure roles and users, use reports to track risk exposure and reduction, define incident statuses and status groups, configure and use Smart Responses, schedule and send reports
Lesson 9: Enhancing Data Loss Prevention Through Third-Party Integrations
• Symantec DLP integration mechanisms
• Symantec Enterprise Security solutions
• Overview of commercial third-party ecosystem for augmenting data protection programs
• Hands-On Labs: Create the views schema and user, run the incident data view setup script, verify incident data views creation, use incident data views
Lesson 10: Review of Symantec Data Loss Prevention
• Review of Symantec DLP products and architecture
• Review of the stages in a Data Loss Prevention implementation
• View outline in Word