Red Hat System Administration II Training (RH134)
Red Hat System Administration II Training (RH134) Course with Hands-On Exercises (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) is designed as the second part of the Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) training track for IT professionals who have taken Red Hat System Administration I (RH124). The course goes deeper into core Linux® system administration skills, including storage configuration, security feature management, task control, and installation and deployment of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.2.
Duration: 5 days
- Red Hat System Administration II Training (RH134) – https://www.wiley.com/
- Red Hat System Administration II Training (RH134) – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Red Hat System Administration II Training (RH134) – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Red Hat System Administration II Training (RH134) – https://www.amazon.com/
- RHCSA Rapid Track Training (RH199)
- Red Hat System Administration I Training (RH124)
- Red Hat System Administration III Training (RHEL8) (RH254)
- We can adapt this Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) Course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
This Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) course are:
- Successful completion of Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is recommended. Experienced Linux administrators seeking to accelerate their path toward becoming a Red Hat Certified System Administrator should start with the RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199).
Red Hat System Administration II Training (RH134) - OBJECTIVES
Upon completing this Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
Impact on the organization
- This Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) course provides your team members with a solid foundation in Linux system administration, helping ensure improved ability to manage your infrastructure efficiently. These skills can help improve system reliability and storage utilization efficiency, while making responsiveness to system failures faster and more accurate. This course is the second of a two-part series that takes a computer professional from minimal Linux experience to being a fully capable Linux administrator.
- Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact of this training
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to perform the key tasks needed to become a full-time Linux administrator. You will be introduced to more advanced administrative topics, such as storage management using LVM, SELinux management, and automated installation. This course goes deeper into enterprise Linux administration, including file systems and partitioning, logical volumes, SELinux, firewall configuration, and troubleshooting.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
- Manage file systems and logical volumes
- Manage scheduled jobs
- Access network file systems
- Manage SELinux
- Control firewalls
- Perform troubleshooting tasks
Red Hat System Administration II Training (RH134) - COURSE SYLLABUS
Improve command line productivity
- Run commands more efficiently by using advanced features of the bash shell, shell scripts, and various utilities provided by Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Schedule future tasks
- Schedule commands to run in the future, either one time or on a repeating schedule.
Tune system performance
- Improve system performance by setting tuning parameters and adjusting scheduling priority of processes.
Control access to files with ACLs
- Interpret and set access control lists (ACLs) on files to handle situations requiring complex user and group access permissions.
Manage SELinux security
- Protect and manage the security of a server by using SELinux.
Maintain basic storage
- Create and manage storage devices, partitions, file systems, and swap spaces from the command line.
Manage logical volumes
- Create and manage logical volumes containing file systems and swap spaces from the command line.
Implement advanced storage features
- Manage storage using the Stratis local storage management system and use VDO volumes to optimize storage space in use.
Access network-attached storage
- Use the NFS protocol to administer network-attached storage.
Control the boot process
- Manage the boot process to control services offered and to troubleshoot and repair problems.
Manage network security
- Control network connections to services using the system firewall and SELinux rules.
Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux on servers and virtual machines.
Red Hat System Administration II Training (RH134) Course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help.
Request More Information