The MIL-STD-1553 data bus is presently used in many advanced military programs and is also used to update systems in older programs. The applications are expanding rapidly requiring more trained engineers to deal effectively with the technology.
The MIL-STD-1553 Training Seminar presents a thorough discussion of MIL-STD-1553 theory, application and testing. Problem areas in the standard are clarified and available options are examined. Two lab sessions illustrate the material being taught by providing students with “hands-on” experience in identifying 1553 communication and trouble-shooting remote terminal problems.
The instructor, has over thirty years of experience in the design and development of multiplex equipment for data bus applications. In the Seminar, he uses a well-rounded approach of lecture, lab sessions, visuals, notes, question and answer, and samples from 1553 manufacturers to communicate concepts in a clear and dynamic manner. He provides personal assistance during the lab sessions.
The 1553 Seminar notebook contains over 130 pages of class notes, MIL-STD-1553 and information on 1553 testing. Vendor literature on 1553 related products is also made available.
YOUR REGISTRATION INCLUDES
- 3 Days of MIL-STD-1553 Training from an Authorized MIL-STD-1553 Instructor
- Official MIL-STD-1553 Training Electronic Courseware
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Duration: 3 days
- MIL-STD-1553 Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- MIL-STD-1553 Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- MIL-STD-1553 Training – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- MIL-STD-1553 Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- MIL-STD-1553 Training – https://www.amazon.com/
- MIL-STD-1773 Training
- MIL-STD-461G Test Methods and Compliance Training
- MIL-STD-461G & DO-160G Test Methods and Compliance Training
- Military Standard 810H Training (MIL-STD-810H)
- MIL-STD-461G / RTCA DO-160G EMC Test Methods and Compliance Training
- We can adapt this MIL-STD-1553 Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this MIL-STD-1553 Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the MIL-STD-1553 Training around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the MIL-STD-1553 Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this MIL-STD-1553 course:
- Managers, hardware and software engineers, applications developers, integrators, testers, analysts, cybersecurity professionals and anyone else involved in designing, developing, managing, testing or integrating MIL-STD-1553 applications and systems.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this MIL-STD-1553 course are:
MIL-STD-1553 Training - OBJECTIVES
Upon completing this MIL-STD-1553 course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Understand MIL-STD-1553 protocol, architecture and functional characteristics
- Explain the architecture of MIL-STD-1553
- Sketch the logical and physical architecture of MIL-STD-1553
- Describe MIL-STD-1553 mechanical, electrical and functional characteristics
- Explain technical components, design, operations and, testing aspects of MIL-STD-1553
- Describe the key cyber security concepts in MIL-STD-1553
- List the requirements and capabilities of MIL-STD-1553 security
- Explore vulnerabilities and weaknesses of MIL-STD-1553 applied to aircraft and weapons
MIL-STD-1553 Training - COURSE SYLLABUS
Introduction to Multiplexing & MIL-STD-1553
- Integration and multiplexing
- Evolution and history of MIL-STD-1553
- Applications of MIL-STD-1553
- Overview of MIL-STD-1553
MIL-STD-1553: Definitions, Encoding & Formats
- Definitions of basic 1553 terms,
- Data bus operation,
- Data encoding,
- Word sync,
- Word formats,
- Message formats,
- Intermessage gap,
- Response time.
AFTERNOON LAB SESSION 1 ( 1 hour )*
- Decoding Manchester encoded words and identifying message formats.
- Command word
- Mode codes
- Mode command formats
- Data word
- Status word
- Message error bit.
MIL-STD-1553: Terminal Operation
- Common operation
- Bus Controller operation
- Remote Terminal operation
- Bus Monitor operation
MIL-STD-1553: Hardware Characteristics
- Data bus cable
- Data bus coupling
- Terminal input/output characteristics
- Redundant data bus requirements.
- Terminal design-functional elements
- Bus Controller/Remote Terminal/Bus Monitor requirements
- Data bus network considerations
- Overview of available vendor products
AFTERNOON LAB SESSION 2 ( 1 hour )*
- Practice in troubleshooting Remote Terminal problems.
- Data bus topology (single & multiple levels)
- Data bus control
- Partitioning & redundancy
- Bus loading
- Bus Controller/Remote Terminal/Bus Monitor S/W
- Data transfer
- Data grouping
- System control & requirements
- Errors & failures
- Message headers
- Message sequences
- Synchronous message timing
Philosophy of Testing & Phases of Testing
- Evaluation of testing
- Development tests
- Design verification
- Production tests
- System tests
- Field testing
- System self-test
- Electrical interface,
- noise rejection
- Remote Terminal protocol
- Bus Controllers
- Bus Monitors
Test Equipment: Requirements & Overview
- Test equipment functional requirements,
- Common interface requirements,
- Remote Terminal tester,
- Bus Controller tester,
- Bus Monitor,
- Bus activity simulator,
- Overview of available test equipment.
MIL-STD-1553 Training Course Wrap-Up
* The class will be divided into groups. Each group will have a 1 hour Lab Session in the afternoon.
MIL-STD-1553 Training Course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help.
Request More Information