Introduction to Cyber Security Training course with hands-on labs (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
Today’s interconnected world makes everyone more susceptible
Our lives depend on online services. Gain essential cyber security knowledge and skills, to help protect your digital life!
Introduction to Cyber Security Training, With billions of devices now online, new threats pop-up every second. Today’s interconnected world makes everyone more susceptible to cyber-attacks. Whether you’re attracted to the relativity new world of cybersecurity as a professional, or just interested in protecting yourself online and in social media, this Introduction to Cyber Security course is the answer.
It explores cyber trends, threats—along with the broader topic of cybersecurity in a way that will matter to YOU. For instance, you’ll learn how to protect your personal privacy online while gaining additional insight on the challenges companies, and governmental and educational institutions face today. No prerequisites required.
This comprehensive five-day Introduction to Cyber Security Training course covers a wide range of baseline topics, including terminology, the basics of computer networks, security policies, incident response, passwords, and even an introduction to cryptographic principles. The Introduction to Cyber Security course hands-on, step-by-step learning format will enable you to grasp all the information presented even if some of the topics are new to you. You'll learn fundamentals of cyber security that will serve as the foundation of your security skills and knowledge for years to come.
Duration: 5 days
- We can adapt this Introduction to Cyber Security Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Introduction to Cyber Security training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Introduction to Cyber Security training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Introduction to Cyber Security course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group
The target audience for this Introduction to Cyber Security course:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Introduction to Cyber Security course are as follows:
- Basic knowledge of computers and technology
Introduction to Cyber Security Training - Objectives:
Upon completing this Introduction to Cyber Security training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
Introduction to Cyber Security Training - Course Content:
- Threat landscape: terminology, cyber security threats, keeping up to date
- Authentication: access control, passwords, two-factor authentication
- Malware: types of malware, attack vectors, preventing infection
- Networking and communications: fundamentals, security challenges, standards
- Cryptography: symmetric and asymmetric cryptography, applications
- Network security: firewalls, virtual private networks, intrusion detection / prevention
- When your defences fail: cyber security laws, recovering from attacks
- Managing security risks: risk analysis and management