Internet of Things (IoT) Security Training course with hands-on Exercises (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
With the falling costs and increasing capabilities of computer and network hardware and bandwidth, more and more devices are being designed to work with the Internet. Each added device brings security risks for the device user and potentially many other Internet users. This Internet of Things (IoT) Security course examines the new and potentially quite serious IoT security issues that must be addressed by all Internet users.
In this Internet of Things (IoT) Security Training course, you will learn the concepts that underlie the Internet of Things (IoT), enabling technologies, how the various hardware/software components work together to power end-user and infrastructure applications, current and projected future applications, IoT application creation, vulnerabilities created by the IoT, types of security issues and threats posed by the IoT, and techniques for prevention, protection, and remediation.
Duration: 1 day
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Training – https://www.amazon.com/
- 5G Wireless Comprehensive Technical Overview Training
- 5G Wireless Security Training
- Internet of Things (IoT) Training In Depth
- Mobile Security Training
- Mobile Security and Technical Overview of the 5G System Training
- Mobile Wireless and Cellular Communications Training Part I
- We can adapt this Internet of Things (IoT) Security course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Internet of Things (IoT) Security course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Internet of Things (IoT) Security course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Internet of Things (IoT) Security course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this Internet of Things (IoT) Security course:
- IoT Overview is aimed at executives, managers, business strategists, policy makers, marketing/sales, and other professionals who need an understanding of the technology and impact of the Internet of Things (IoT).
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Internet of Things (IoT) Security course are:
- General familiarity with Information Technology and the Internet. (Engineering background not necessary.)
Internet of Things (IoT) Security Training - OBJECTIVES
Upon completing this Internet of Things (IoT) Security course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- What constitutes the IoT
- Visions of IoT
- What is different about the IoT and why it matters
- The creation of IoT applications and security implications
- IoT architectures and related security concerns
- How to address security issues raised by the rapidly growing IoT
Internet of Things (IoT) Security Training - COURSE SYLLABUS
IoT Security Training: What is the Internet of Things (IoT)?
- Defining ‘Things’: Hardware, software, data, and services
- Core ideas
- IoT objectives
- Major players
- Why IoT is important
- Important IoT terms and trends
- Major security risks and issues
- Moore’s Law and its implications
What is motivating deployment of the IoT and how will security affect it?
- What needs does IoT fill?
- The 4th Industrial Revolution
- Security and IoT deployment
IoT enabling technologies and associated security vulnerabilities
- Cheap and ubiquitous telecommunications and computer hardware
- Cloud Computing
- Big Data, Event Stream Processing, Real-Time Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs)
- Low power short-range and wide area wireless networks
- Embedded systems
- Automation and Control Systems
- Existing and emerging telecom technologies: Li-Fi, LPWAN, LTE-Advanced, 5G, WiFi-Direct, BLE, Low Energy, ZigBee, Z-Wave, Thread, HaLow, etc.
Dealing with security concerns
- Known issues
- Emerging security vulnerabilities caused by IoT
- The shifting security landscape and how it affects IoT
IoT architecture, implementation and security
- Where IoT fits in
- Standards and ecosystem
- Basic architecture concepts
- Implementation platforms
- Types of networks used by IoT
- Designing security into IoT
What constitutes a secure system?
- What is a reasonable goal?
- How much will it cost?
- What happens when a new threat emerges?
- How do we know if an IoT system is worth the risk?
IoT Security Training: Wrap-up and discussion
- Course recap
- How does your organization envision leveraging the IoT?
- Your organization’s IoT security concerns
Internet of Things (IoT) Security Training Course: Recap, Q/A, and Evaluation
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help.
Request More Information