Fortinet FortiGate Security Training v6.2 Course with Hands-on labs (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
In this 3-day instructor-led Fortinet FortiGate Security Training v6.2 you will learn how to use basic FortiGate features, including security profiles. In the interactive facilitated labs, you will explore firewall policies, user authentication, SSL VPN, dial-up IPsec VPN, and how to protect your network using security profiles such as IPS, antivirus, web filtering, application control, and more.
These administration fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to implement basic network security.
Duration: 3 days
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Fortinet FortiGate Security Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Fortinet FortiGate Security course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Fortinet FortiGate Security Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group
The target audience for this Fortinet FortiGate Security v6.2 course:
- Networking and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiGate devices used to secure their organizations’ networks.
- Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiGate appliance
- Students should attend this course before attending FortiGate Infrastructure 6.2.
Fortinet FortiGate Security Training - Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Fortinet FortiGate Security v6.2 course are:
- Knowledge of network protocols
- Basic understanding of firewall concepts
Fortinet FortiGate Security Training - Objectives:
After completing this Fortinet FortiGate Security course, attendees will be able to:
- Deploy the appropriate operation mode for your network.
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration.
- Identify the characteristics of the Fortinet security fabric.
- Control network access to configured networks using firewall policies.
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT.
- Authenticate users using firewall policies.
- Understand encryption functions and certificates.
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies.
- Configure security profiles to neutralize threats and misuse, including viruses, torrents, and inappropriate websites.
- Apply application control techniques to monitor and control network applications that might use standard or non-standard protocols and ports.
- Fight hacking and denial of service (DoS).
- Defend against data leaks by identifying files with sensitive data, and block them from leaving your private network.
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network.
- Implement a dialup IPsec VPN tunnel between FortiGate and FortiClient.
- Collect and interpret log entries.
Fortinet FortiGate Security Training - Course Content:
- Introduction to FortiGate and the Security Fabric
- Firewall Policies
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Firewall Authentication
- Logging and Monitoring
- Certificate Operations
- Web Filtering
- Application Control
- Intrusion Prevention and Denial of Service
- SSL VPN
- Dialup IPsec VPN
- Data Leak Prevention (DLP)