This two-day Electronic Warfare Introduction Training course presents the depth and breadth of modern Electronic Warfare, covering Ground, Sea, Air and Space applications, with simple, easy-to-grasp intuitive principles. Complex mathematics will be eliminated, while the tradeoffs and complexities of current and advanced EW and ELINT systems will be explored. The fundamental principles will be established first and then the many varied applications will be discussed.
The attendee will leave this Electronic Warfare Introduction course with an understanding of both the principles and the practical applications of current and evolving electronic warfare technology. This course is designed as an introduction for managers and engineers who need an understanding of the basics. It will provide you with the ability to understand and communicate with others working in the field. A detailed set of notes used in the class will be provided. You will also receive a 40 page EW Pocket Guide and an Antenna and Propagation Calculation Slide Rule
Duration: 2 days
- Electronic Warfare Introduction Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- Electronic Warfare Introduction Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Electronic Warfare Introduction Training – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Electronic Warfare Introduction Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Electronic Warfare Introduction Training – https://www.amazon.com/
- We can adapt this Electronic Warfare Introduction course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Electronic Warfare Introduction course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Electronic Warfare Introduction course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Electronic Warfare Introduction course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this Electronic Warfare Introduction course:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Electronic Warfare Introduction course are:
Electronic Warfare Introduction Training - COURSE SYLLABUS
- Introduction to Electronic Combat. Radar-ESM-ECM-ECCM- LPI-Stealth (EC-ES-EA-EP). Overview of the Threat. Radar Technology Evolution. EW Technology Evolution. Radar Range Equation. RCS Reduction. Counter-Low Observable (CLO). The changing role of Decoys. The impact of Stealth.
- Modern Threat Weapons and Sensors. Including Legacy systems which are being upgraded and still dangerous; New Russian and Chinese surface to air missiles and related radars; Upgraded radar controlled guns; and New infrared missile trackers.
- Vulnerability of Radar Modes. Air Search Radar. Fire Control Radar. Ground Search Radar. Pulse Doppler, MTI, DPCA. Pulse Compression. Range Track. Angle Track. SAR.
- Vulnerability/Susceptibility of Weapon Systems. Semi Active Missiles. Command Guided Missiles. Active Missiles. TVM. Surface-to-air, air-to-air, air-to-surface.
- ESM (ES). ESM/ELINT/RWR. Typical ESM Systems. Probability of Intercept. ESM Range Equation. ESM Sensitivity. ESM Receivers. DOA/AOA Measurement. MUSIC / ESPRIT. Passive Ranging. Important detection and range calculations using simple dB math.
- ECM Techniques (EA). Principals of Electronic Attack (EA). Noise Jamming vs. Deception. Repeater vs. Transponder. Sidelobe Jamming vs. Mainlobe Jamming. Synthetic Clutter. VGPO and RGPO. TB and Cross Pol. Chaff and Active Expendables. Decoys. Bistatic Jamming. Power Management, DRFM, high ERP. J/S and burn through calculations for self protection and remote jamming using simple dB math.
- ECCM (EP). EP Techniques Overview. Offensive vs Defensive ECCM. Leading Edge Tracker. HOJ/AOJ. Adaptive Sidelobe Canceling and other techniques. EP techniques will be related to the numerical changes in EW effectiveness they enable.
- EW Systems. Airborne Self Protect Jammer. Airborne Tactical Jamming System. Shipboard Self-Defense System.
- EW Technology. EW Technology Evolution. Transmitters. Antennas. Receiver / Processing. . How these new technologies are driving what EW systems do and how they do it. Advanced EW. Electronic Warfare Overview.
Wrap-up – Electronic Warfare Introduction training
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help.
Request More Information