The CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) Course provides the basic knowledge needed to plan, implement, and maintain information security in a vendor-neutral format. This includes risk management, host and network security, authentication and access control systems, cryptography, and organizational security. This CompTIA Security+ Certification (SY0-501) course maps to the CompTIA Security+ certification exam (SY0-501). Objective coverage is marked throughout the course.
Our CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-501) courseware has received the CompTIA Approved Quality Content (CAQC) validation, assuring that all test objectives are covered in the training material.
What is Security+ Certification?
The Security+ certification is considered to be the minimum level of certification for all IT security positions beyond entry-level. This CompTIA Security+ Certification (SY0-501) course delivers the core knowledge required to pass the exam and the skills necessary to advance to an intermediate-level security job.
Students will benefit most from this course if they intend to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam. Read our white paper titled “New Topics on the New Security+ SY0-501 Exam.” This CompTIA Security+ Certification (SY0-501) course supports a certification that is a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification and meets DoD 8140/8570 training requirements.
- 5 Days of CompTIA Security+ Training from an Authorized CompTIA Instructor
- CompTIA approved CompTIA Security+ Training Courseware
- CompTIA approved Security+ Practice Exams
- CompTIA Security+ Certification (SYO-501) exam voucher
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Exam Pass Guarantee
Duration: 5 days
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- CompTIA Security+ Certification – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Training – https://www.amazon.com/
- CompTIA A+ Certification Training
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Training (CASP+)
- CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Training Prep Course
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst Certification Training (CySA+)
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Training Prep (N10-007)
- We can adapt this CompTIA Security+ Certification course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this CompTIA Security+ Certification course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the CompTIA Security+ Certification Course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CompTIA Security+ Certification course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The CompTIA Security+ Certification (SY0-501) program, much like the certification itself, is intended for professionals who are responsible for network security and risk management. Some example job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- IT support technicians
- Help desk support
- Junior network administrators
- Application support analysts
- Security analysts
- Security specialists
- Anyone looking to learn a baseline of information security concepts
Attendees should be CompTIA A+ certified (or have equivalent experience) and CompTIA Network+ certified (or have equivalent experience) with 2-3 years networking experience.
CompTIA Security+ Certification Training - OBJECTIVES
Security+ holders should be able to help organizations proactively identify potential security risks and respond more quickly when security breaches do occur. Upon completing this CompTIA Security+ Certification Training, you will have learned valuable knowledge and skills, including the ability to:
- Proactively implement sound security protocols to mitigate security risks
- Quickly respond to security issues
- Retroactively identify where security breaches may have occurred
- Design a network, on-site or in the cloud, with security in mind
CompTIA Security+ Certification Training - COURSE SYLLABUS
Chapter 1: Security Fundamentals
- Module A: Security concepts
- Module B: Risk management
- Module C: Vulnerability assessment
Chapter 2: Understanding attacks
- Module A: Understanding attackers
- Module B: Social engineering
- Module C: Malware
- Module D: Network attacks
- Module E: Application attacks
Chapter 3: Cryptography
- Module A: Cryptography concepts
- Module B: Public key infrastructure
Chapter 4: Network fundamentals
- Module A: Network components
- Module B: Network addressing
- Module C: Network ports and applications
Chapter 5: Securing networks
- Module A: Network security components
- Module B: Transport encryption
- Module C: Hardening networks
- Module D: Monitoring and detection
Chapter 6: Securing hosts and data
- Module A: Securing hosts
- Module B: Securing data
- Module C: Mobile device security
Chapter 7: Securing network services
- Module A: Securing applications
- Module B: Virtual and cloud systems
Chapter 8: Authentication
- Module A: Authentication factors
- Module B: Authentication protocols
Chapter 9: Access control
- Module A: Access control principles
- Module B: Account management
Chapter 10: Organizational security
- Module A: Security policies
- Module B: User training
- Module C: Physical security and safety
Chapter 11: Disaster planning and recovery
- Module A: Business continuity
- Module B: Fault tolerance and recovery
- Module C: Incident response
CompTIA Security+ Certification Training Course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help.
Request More Information