CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training: As organisations scramble to protect themselves and their customers against privacy or security breaches, the ability to conduct penetration testing is an emerging skill set that is becoming ever more valuable to the organisations seeking protection, and ever more lucrative for those who possess these skills. In this course, you will be introduced to general concepts and methodologies related to pen testing, and you will work your way through a simulated pen test for a fictitious company.
The CompTIA PenTest+ Certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
CompTIA PenTest+ joins CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) at the intermediate-skills level of the cybersecurity career pathway as shown below. Depending on your course of study, PenTest+ and CySA+ can be taken in any order but typically follows the skills learned in Security+. While CySA+ focuses on defense through incident detection and response, PenTest+ focuses on offense through penetration testing and vulnerability assessment.
Although the two exams teach opposing skills, they are dependent on one another. The most qualified cybersecurity professionals have both offensive and defensive skills. Earn the PenTest+ certification to grow your career within the CompTIA recommended cybersecurity career pathway. Recommended as preparation for the following Exams: PT0-001 - CompTIA Pentest+ Certification
- Five days of hands-on PenTest+ Certification Training
- Immediate access to in-depth Security+ pre-study courseware
- PenTest+ Study Guide
- Practice exam questions
- PenTest+ exam voucher
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Exam Pass Guarantee
Duration: 5 days
- CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training – https://www.wiley.com/
- CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training – https://www.packtpub.com/
- CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training – https://www.amazon.com/
- CompTIA A+ Certification Training
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Training (CASP+)
- CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Training Prep Course
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst Certification Training (CySA+)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Training Prep (SY0-501)
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Training Prep (N10-007)
- We can adapt this CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training Course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this CompTIA PenTest+ Certification course:
- This CompTIA PenTest+ certification course is designed for IT professionals who want to develop penetration testing skills to enable them to identify information-system vulnerabilities and effective remediation techniques for those vulnerabilities. Target students who also need to offer practical recommendations for action to properly protect information systems and their contents will derive those skills from this course.
- This CompTIA PenTest+ certification course is also designed for individuals who are preparing to take the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam PT0-001, or who plan to use PenTest+ as the foundation for more advanced security certifications or career roles. Individuals seeking this certification should have three to four years of hands-on experience performing penetration tests, vulnerability assessments, and vulnerability management.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this CompTIA PenTest+ Certification course are:
- Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to identity and access management (IAM), cryptographic concepts and implementations, computer networking concepts and implementations, and common security technologies.
- Practical experience in securing various computing environments, including small to medium businesses, as well as enterprise environments.
- CompTIA Network + or CompTIA Security + or equivalent knowledge
- Hands-on information security experience
CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training - OBJECTIVES
Upon completing this CompTIA PenTest+ Certification course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Explain the importance of planning and key aspects of compliance-based assessments.
- Conduct information gathering exercises with various tools and analyse output and basic scripts (limited to: Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell).
- Gather information to prepare for exploitation then perform a vulnerability scan and analyse results.
- Utilise report writing and handling best practices explaining recommended mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities.
- Exploit network, wireless, application, and RF-based vulnerabilities, summarize physical security attacks, and perform post-exploitation techniques.
CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training - COURSE SYLLABUS
Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
- Introduction to Penetration Testing Concepts
- Plan a Pen Test Engagement
- Scope and Negotiate a Pen Test Engagement
- Prepare for a Pen Test Engagement
Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
- Gather Background Information
- Prepare Background Findings for Next Steps
Performing Non-Technical Tests
- Perform Social Engineering Tests
- Perform Physical Security Tests on Facilities
Conducting Active Reconnaissance
- Scan Networks
- Enumerate Targets
- Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Basic Scripts
- Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
- Leverage Information to Prepare for Exploitation
- Exploit Network-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Wireless and RF-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Specialized Systems
Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Windows-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit *Nix-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Test Source Code and Compiled Apps
Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
- Use Lateral Movement Techniques
- Use Persistence Techniques
- Use Anti-Forensics Techniques
Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results
- Analyze Pen Test Data
- Develop Recommendations for Mitigation Strategies
- Write and Handle Reports
- Conduct Post-Report-Delivery Activities
CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training Course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help.
Request More Information