CIPP/C Certification Training or Certified Information Privacy Professional Training (CIPP/C) Course with Hands-on Exercises (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
Achieving the CIPP/C Certification credential demonstrates that you have a strong understanding of Canadian information privacy laws, principles, practices at the federal, provincial and territorial levels. Those taking the CIPP/C Certification Training or Certified Information Privacy Professional Training (CIPP/C) course will gain an understanding of Canadian information privacy laws in the public, private and healthcare sectors, as well as principles and practices at the federal, provincial and territorial levels.
The CIPP/C Certification Training or Certified Information Privacy Professional Training (CIPP/C) course is targeted to the specific needs of Canadian privacy professionals and any practitioner who manages information that is subject to Canadian jurisdiction.
Duration: 2 days
- Official IAPP CIPP participant guide
- Official IAPP CIPP textbook
- Official IAPP CIPP practice test
- IAPP CIPP/C certification exam voucher
- IAPP Membership for one year
- Two days of intense training delivered by CIPP/C certified instructors with actual professional experience in data privacy and the security field
About the Certification Exam:
CIPP/C certification is valid for two years from the first day of the month following the date the credential was earned and each anniversary thereof. To maintain your credential, you must meet two minimum requirements over the term of your certification.
- The CIPP/C exam consists of 60 scored multiple-choice items and 20 non-scored multiple-choice trial items. The passing score is 300 out of 500 possible points.
CIPP/C is valid for two years. To maintain your credential, you must meet two minimum requirements over the term of your certification:
- Pay an annual certification maintenance fee (included in IAPP’s membership fee).
- Fulfill 20 hours of continuing privacy education (CPE).
Learn more about the certification process, and download the IAPP Privacy Certification Candidate Handbook at IAPP
- CIPP/C Certification Training Guide by Exam REVIEW – Paperback/Amazon
- CIPP/C Certification Training Guide by Jasper Jacobs – Paperback/Amazon
- CIPP/C Certification Training Guide by John Watts – Paperback/Kindle/Amazon
- CIPP/C Certification Training Guide by Gerardus Blokdyk – Hardcover/Barnes and Noble
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Training Guide by Privacy Law Practice Exams – Hardcover/Amazon
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Training IAPP A Complete Guide by Gerardus Blokdyk – Hardcover/Amazon
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this CIPP/C Certification Training or Certified Information Privacy Professional Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the CIPP/C Certification Training or Certified Information Privacy Professional Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CIPP/C Certification Training or Certified Information Privacy Professional Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
CIPP/C Certification Training - Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this CIPP/C Certification Training – Canada course:
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Managers
- Suppliers serving government clients
- Consultants serving government clients
- Individuals who need a foundational understanding of information privacy and data protection
- Anyone interested in pursuing CIPP/C certification
- Officers and employees at regulatory agencies who handle privacy as part of their day-to-day roles
- Individuals who advise senior government officers on information management policies and practices, particularly as they relate to personal information, such as records management or record retention
- Existing Certified Information Privacy Professionals (CIPPs) who wish to add a government privacy specialization to their core credential
CIPP/C Certification Training - Objectives:
After attending our Certified Information Privacy Professional Training (CIPP/C), you will be able to successfully pass the IAPP CIPP/C exam and will gain deep knowledge of the following key areas:
- The context of Canadian data protection law
- Data protection concepts, principles and application
- Canadian data protection practices
- Privacy-related internet technology and communications
CIPP/C Certification Training - Canada – Course Syllabus
Fundamentals of Information Privacy
1. Common Principles and Approaches to Privacy
- This unit includes a brief discussion about the modern history of privacy, an introduction to types of information, an overview of information risk management and a summary of modern privacy principles.
2. Jurisdiction and Industries
- This unit introduces the major privacy models employed around the globe and provides an overview of privacy and data protection regulation by jurisdictions and industry sectors.
3. Information Security: Safeguarding Personal Information
- This unit presents introductions to information security, including definitions, elements, standards, and threats/ vulnerabilities, as well as introductions to information security management and governance, including frameworks, controls, cryptography and identity and access management (IAM).
4. Online Privacy: Using Personal Information on Websites and with Other Internet-related Technologies
- This unit focuses on the web as a platform, as well as privacy considerations for sensitive online information, including policies and notices, access, security, authentication and data collection. Additional topics include children’s online privacy, email, searches, online marketing and advertising, social media, online assurance, cloud computing and mobile devices
1.Canadian Legal Framework
- This unit provides an introduction to the Canadian legal system. It includes enforcement agencies and their powers, privacy basics from a Canadian perspective and the underlying framework for Canadian privacy law and practice.
2. Canadian Private-sector Privacy Laws
- This unit focuses on the Canadian legal system. It includes enforcement agencies and their powers, privacy basics from a Canadian perspective and the underlying framework for Canadian privacy law and practice.
3. Canadian Public-sector Privacy Laws
- This unit highlights key concepts and practices related to the collection, retention, use, disclosure and disposal of personal information by federal, provincial and territorial governments.
4. Health Information Privacy Laws
- This unit touches on the applicability and purpose of health information privacy laws.
5. Private-sector Compliance Practices
- This unit delves into the components that make up compliance regulations, including Generally Accepted Privacy Principals and security breach notification, and also examines compliance track records and Federal Commissioner Findings.
6. Public-sector Compliance Practices
- This unit presents the various methods that can be implemented for compliance in the public sector, such as privacy impact assessments and data sharing agreements. In addition, it discusses the challenges presented by digital information exchanges, as well as non-legislative considerations.
7. Health-sector Compliance Practices
- This unit covers the issues presented with digital compliance in the health sector.
Certified Information Privacy Professional Training (CIPP/C) Course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question we want to help!