Certified Information Privacy Manager Training course by Example – Learn the practices of managing information privacy while preparing for the CIPM examination.
In this CIPM Certification Training or Certified Information Privacy Manager course, you will gain foundational knowledge on concepts of privacy and data protection laws and practice. With Certified Information Privacy Manager or CIPM Certification Training, you will learn common principles and approaches to privacy as well as understand the major privacy models employed around the globe.
An introduction to information security concepts and information security management and governance will be covered including frameworks, controls, and identity and access management. You will also learn about online privacy as it relates to using personal information on websites and other internet-related technologies.
With CIPM Certification Training or Certified Information Privacy Manager, you will also learn how to create a privacy program at an organizational level, develop and implement a framework, and establish metrics to measure program effectiveness. In an interactive format applying practices to a real-world scenario, with CIPM Certification Training, you will review privacy program practices through the privacy life cycle: assess, protect, sustain and respond.
Duration: 2 days
- Official IAPP CIPP Participant Guide
- Official IAPP CIPP Textbook
- Official IAPP CIPP Practice Test
- IAPP CIPM Certification Exam Voucher
- IAPP Membership for One Year
CIPM Certification Details
The IAPP CIPM was launched in 2013 as the first and only certification in privacy program management. It was developed in response to overwhelming demand to collect and collate common practices for managing privacy operations. The CIPM body of knowledge is comprised of two domains: privacy program governance and privacy program operational life cycle
Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) - Customize It:
- We can adapt this CIPM Certification Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CIPM Certification Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) - Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this CIPM Certification Training course:
- Individuals who need an understanding of practices in managing information privacy and data protection and those interested in pursuing CIPM certification
Certified Information Privacy Manager Training (CIPM) – Objectives
Upon completing this CIPM Certification Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Common Principles and Approaches to Privacy
- Jurisdiction and Industries
- Information Security: Safeguarding Personal Information
- Online Privacy: Using Personal Information Websites and with Other Internet-related Technologies
- Privacy Program Governance
- Privacy Operational Life Cycle
Certified Information Privacy Manager Training (CIPM) – Course Syllabus
- Creating a company vision
- Establishing a privacy program
- Structuring the privacy team
Developing the privacy program framework
- Developing privacy policies, standards and guidelines
- Defining privacy program activities
- Communicating the privacy framework to stakeholders
- Ensuring alignment with laws and regulations
- Identifying intended audience for metrics
- Defining reporting resources
- Defining privacy metrics
- Identifying systems/application collection points
Day 2: Privacy operational life cycle
Stage I: Assess
- Documenting current baseline
- Processors and third-party vendor assessment
- Physical assessments
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Conducting analysis and assessments
Stage II: Protect
- Data life cycle
- Information security practices
- Privacy by design
Stage III: Sustain
Stage IV: Respond
- Information requests
- Privacy incidents
CIPM Certification Training Course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!