Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA)
The CVA is a fundamental cybersecurity certification course that focuses on vulnerability assessments. The Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) course focuses on foundational information such as the importance of a Vulnerability Assessment and how it can help an engineer prevent serious break-ins to your organization.
The Certified Vulnerability Assessor help students understand the importance of vulnerability assessments by:
- Giving you special knowledge and skills in Vulnerability Assessment.
- Preparing you to apply this knowledge and exercise these skills in the interest of others.
- Helping you understand the importance of a Vulnerability Assessment and how it can help you prevent serious break-ins to your organization
This is accomplished by:
- Performing in-depth Labs that focus on the best choices in tools.
- Learning a methodology using conceptual and real world repetition.
- Equipping you with the knowledge about what hackers look for when trying to hack into your network.
- Assessing for the cause of testing your company’s security posture to help better secure the infrastructure against hackers and or viruses, etc.
Accreditations & Acknowledgements
- Accredited by the NSA CNSS 4011-4016
- Mapped to NIST / Homeland Security NICCS’s Cyber Security Workforce Framework
- Approved on the FBI Cyber Security Certification Requirement list (Tier 1-3)
- The Certified Vulnerability Assessor exam is taken online through our Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consists of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from us.
- Student Workbook
- Student Prep Guide
- Student Lab Guide
- CPEs: 24
- Mile2 CVA – Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA)
Duration: 3 days
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) – https://www.wiley.com/
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) – https://www.packtpub.com/
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) – https://store.logicaloperations.com/
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) – https://us.artechhouse.com/
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) – https://www.amazon.com/
- Certified Penetration Testing Engineer Training (CPTE)
- Certified Disaster Recovery Engineer Training (CDRE)
- Certified Network Forensics Examiner Training (CNFE)
- Certified Secure Web Application Engineer Training (CSWAE)
- Certified PowerShell Hacker (CPSH) Training
- We can adapt this Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) Course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
The target audience for this Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) course:
- Web Application Engineers
- IS Managers
- Application Engineers
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) course are:
- A+, Net+
- Candidates should possess at least 12-24 months of professional work experience in fields such as Information Security, Information Technology, IT Audit, Risk Assessment, Compliance Management, and/or IT-company Physical Security.
Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) - OBJECTIVES
Upon completing this Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
- Why Vulnerability Assessment
- Vulnerability Types
- Assessing the Network
- Assessing Web Servers & Applications
- Assessing Remote & VPN Services
- Vulnerability Assessment Tools of the Trade
- Output Analysis
Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) - COURSE SYLLABUS
- Module 01: Overview: Why Vulnerability Assessment?
- Module 02: The Modern Vulnerability Landscape
- Module 03: Assessing Networks for Vulnerabilities
- Module 04: Assessing Web Servers and Applications
- Module 05: Assessing Remote and VPN Services
- Module 06: Vulnerability Assessment Tools of the Trade
- Module 07: Vulnerability Assessment Output Analysis
- Module 08: Overview: Nmap Reconnaissance Capabilities
- Module 09: Obtaining, Compiling, and Installing Nmap
- Module 10: Host Discovery Controls and Techniques
- Module 11: Port Scanning Techniques and Algorithms
- Module 12: Optimizing Nmap Scanning Performance
- Module 13: Service and Application Version Detection
- Module 14: Overview: The Nmap Scripting Engine
- Module 15: Detecting and Subverting Firewalls and IDS
- Module 16: Overview: Nessus Scanning Tools
- Module 17: Obtaining, Compiling, and Installing Nessus
- Module 18: Managing Nessus Scan Templates and Policies
- Module 19: Nessus Report Analysis and Confirmation
- Module 20: Scanning IoT, SCADA, and ICS Systems
- Module 1 Lab – Getting Set Up
- Module 3 Lab – Assessing the Network
- Module 4 Lab – Vulnerability Types
- Module 4 Lab – Assessing Web Servers
- Module 5 Lab – Assessing the Network
Certified Vulnerability Assessor Training (CVA) Course Wrap-Up
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help.
Request More Information