Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) Training Workshop Course with hands-on lab Exercises (Instructor-led Online/Classroom Live)
ACCREDITATIONS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Accredited by the NSA CNSS 4011-4016
- Mapped to NIST / Homeland Security NICCS’s Cyber Security Workforce Framework
- Approved on the FBI Cyber Security Certification Requirement list (Tier 1-3)
The Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) Training Workshop/certification has been validated by the NSA for: CNSSI-4012, National Information Assurance Training Standard for Senior System Managers and NSTISSI – 4011, National Training Standard for Information Systems Security (INFOSEC).
This 5 day Certified Information Systems Security Officer Training Workshop is designed for a forward-thinking security professional or consultant that manages or plays a key role in an organization’s information security department.
Certified Information Systems Security Officer Training addresses the broad range of industry best practices, knowledge and skills expected of a security manager/officer. The candidate will learn in-depth theory pertaining to the practical implementation of core security concepts, practices, monitoring and compliance in the full panorama of IS management.
Through the use of a risk-based approach, the CISSO is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are closely aligned with both business and industry standards. Whether you’re responsible for the management of a Cyber Security team, a Security Officer, an IT auditor or a Business Analyst, the C)ISSO certification course is an ideal way to increase your knowledge, expertise, and skill.
- The Certified Information Systems Security Officer exam is taken online through our Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your Mile2 account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from us
- Student Workbook
- Student Prep Guide
- Student Lab Guide
- CPEs: 40
- Mile2 CISSO – Certified Information Systems Security Officer
- Covers CISSP exam objectives
Duration: 5 days
- Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) Training
- Certified Digital Forensics Examiner (CDFE) Training
- Certified Disaster Recovery Engineer Training (CDRE)
- Certified Incident Handling Engineer (CIHE) Training
- Certified Network Forensics Examiner (CNFE) Training
- Certified Cloud Security Officer (CCSO) Training
- We can adapt this Certified Information Systems Security Officer Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this CISSO Certification Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the CISSO Certification Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CISSO Certification Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Certified Information Systems Security Officer Training - Audience / Target Group
The target audience for this Certified Information Systems Security Officer Training course:
- IS Security Officers
- IS Managers
- Risk Managers
- Information Systems Owners
- IS Control Assessors
- System Managers
Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) Training - Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Certified Information Systems Security Officer Training course are:
- 1 year experience in at least 2 modules or
- 1 year in IS management
Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) Training - Objectives:
After completing this Certified Information Systems Security Officer Training course, students will be able to:
- Upon completion, Certified Information Systems Security Officer course, students will not only be able to establish industry acceptable Cyber Security & IS management standards with current best practices but also be prepared to competently take the CISSO exam.
Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) Training - Course Content:
- Module 1 – Risk Management
- Module 2 – Security Management
- Module 3 – Identification and Authentication
- Module 4 – Access Control
- Module 5 – Security Models and Evaluation Criteria
- Module 6 – Operations Security
- Module 7 – Vulnerability Assessments
- Module 8 – Symmetric Cryptography and Hashing
- Module 9 – Network Connections
- Module 10 – Network Protocols and Devices
- Module 11 – Telephony, VPNs, and Wireless
- Module 12 – Security Architecture and Attacks
- Module 13 – Software Development Security
- Module 14 – Database Security and System Development
- Module 15 – Malware and Software Attacks
- Module 16 – Business Continuity
- Module 17– Disaster Recovery
- Module 18 – Incident Management, Law, and Ethics
- Module 19 – Physical Security
Certified Information Systems Security Officer Training (CISSO) Workshop course Wrap-Up