Certified Incident Handling Engineer (CIHE) Training Workshop Course with hands-on lab Exercises – Duration: 5 Days (Instructor-led Online/Classroom Live)
ACCREDITATIONS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Accredited by the NSA CNSS 4011-4016
- Mapped to NIST / Homeland Security NICCS’s Cyber Security Workforce Framework
- Approved on the FBI Cyber Security Certification Requirement list (Tier 1-3)
The Certified Incident Handling Engineer (CIHE) Training 5 day course is designed to help Incident Handlers, System Administrators, and Cyber Security Engineers understand how to plan, create and utilize their systems in order to prevent, detect and respond to attacks.
In this in-depth Certified Incident Handling Engineer Training Workshop, students will learn step-by-step approaches used by hackers globally, the latest attack vectors and how to safeguard against them, Incident Handling procedures (including developing the process from start to finish and establishing your Incident Handling team), strategies for each type of attack, recovering from attacks and much more.
Furthermore, students will enjoy numerous hands-on laboratory exercises that focus on topics, such as reconnaissance, vulnerability assessments using Nessus, network sniffing, web application manipulation, malware and using Netcat plus several additional scenarios for both Windows and Linux systems.
- The Certified Incident Handling Engineer training exam is taken online through our Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2 account. The Certified Incident Handling Engineer exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple-choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from us.
- Student Workbook
- Student Prep Guide
- Student Lab Guide
- CPEs: 40
- CIHE- Certified Incident Handling Engineer
- Covers GCIH- GIAC Certified Incident Handler
Duration: 5 days
- Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) Training
- Certified Digital Forensics Examiner (CDFE) Training
- Certified Disaster Recovery Engineer Training (CDRE)
- Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) Training
- Certified Network Forensics Examiner (CNFE) Training
- Certified Cloud Security Officer (CCSO) Training
- We can adapt this CIHE Certification Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this CIHE Certification Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the CIHE Certification Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the CIHE Certification Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Certified Incident Handling Engineer (CIHE) Training - Audience / Target Group
The target audience for this Certified Incident Handling Engineer Training course:
- Penetration Testers
- Microsoft Administrators
- Security Administrators
- Active Directory Administrators
- Anyone looking to learn more about security
Certified Incident Handling Engineer (CIHE) Training - Class Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Certified Incident Handling Engineer Training course are:
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience in networking technologies
- Sound knowledge of networking
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Basic Knowledge of Linux is essential
Certified Incident Handling Engineer (CIHE) Training - Objectives:
After completing this Certified Incident Handling Engineer Training course, students will be able to:
- Undertake the CIHE certification examination (recommended).
- Students will enjoy an in-depth course that is continuously updated to maintain and incorporate the ever-changing security world.
- This Certified Incident Handling Engineer (CIHE) course offers up-to-date proprietary laboratories that have been researched and developed by leading security professionals from around the world.
Certified Incident Handling Engineer (CIHE) Training - Course Content:
- Module 1 – Incident Handling Explained
- Module 2 – Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Exploits
- Module 3 – Preparation
- Module 4- First Response
- Module 5 – Containment
- Module 6 – Eradication
- Module 7 – Recovery
- Module 8 – Follow-Up
- Module 9 – Advanced Computer Security Incident Response Team
- Module 10 – Advanced – Log File Analysis
- Module 11 – Advanced – Malware, Rootkits, and Botnets
- Module 12 – Advanced – Artifact Analysis
- Lab 1 – Tools Introduction
- Lab 2 – Cyber Attacks – Networking
- Lab 3 – Cyber Attacks – Web Application
- Lab 4 – Cyber Attacks – Viruses
- Lab 5 – Lab 5 Ticketing System
- Lab 6 – SysInternals Suite
- Lab 7 – Creating and Managing a CSIRT Action Plan
- Lab 8 – Log Analysis
- Lab 9 – Exploits and DoS
- Lab 10 – Stuxnet Trojan: Memory Analysis with Volatility
- Lab 11 – Find the hack(s) lab