Blue Coat Certified Proxy Administrator (BCCPA) Training Course with Hands-On Labs (Online, Onsite and Classroom Live)
The Blue Coat Certified Proxy Administrator (BCCPA) Training Course is intended for students who wish to master the fundamentals of Blue Coat products. This Blue Coat BCCPA Training course is a revised version of the course formerly known as Proxy Fundamentals. You should not take the BCCPA course, if you have already taken the Proxy Fundamentals Course. Instead, you should take the BCCPA Upgrade course, which covers new material not included in the Proxy Fundamentals class.
Duration: 3 days
- We can adapt this Blue Coat Certified Proxy Administrator (BCCPA) Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
- If you are familiar with some aspects of this Blue Coat BCCPA Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
- We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Blue Coat BCCPA Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
- If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Blue Coat BCCPA Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group
- IT network or security professionals who wish to master the fundamentals of Blue Coat products with a focus on network security and who have not taken any previous Blue Coat training courses.
- Students should be familiar with networking essentials, such as LAN, Internet, security, and IP protocols. Basic knowledge of authentication methods is also a plus.
Blue Coat Certified Proxy Administrator (BCCPA) Training - Objectives:
After completing this Blue Coat BCCPA Training course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the major Secure Web Gateway functions of the ProxySG.
- Describe the role of the ProxySG as it relates to other Blue Coat products as part of a complete security solution.
- Configure a ProxySG and place it into live service.
- Administer the major Secure Web Gateway functions of the ProxySG.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the ProxySG and decide when it is appropriate to open a service request.
Blue Coat Certified Proxy Administrator (BCCPA) Training - Course Content:
The Blue Coat BCCPA Training Course covers:
- Introduction to ProxySG
- ProxySG Security Deployments
- ProxySG Initial Security Configuration
- ProxySG Management Console
- ProxySG Security Licensing
- Proxy Services
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- Introduction to Visual Policy Manager
- Content Filtering and WebPulse
- Managing Downloads
- Authenticating users on the ProxySG
- Authentication Realms
- Authentication with Transparent Proxy
- Exceptions and Notifications
- Access Logging
- Managing SSL Traffic
- Basic Troubleshooting
Students will become Blue Coat Certified ProxySG Administrators upon completing the course and passing the Prometric online exam.