Prepare for the AWS Solutions Architect Professional-level exam
Achieving AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional certification validates that you have advanced technical skills and experience in designing distributed applications and systems on the AWS platform. It also confirms that you understand the following concepts:
- Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant and reliable applications on AWS.
- Selecting appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements.
- Migrating complex, multitier applications on AWS.
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on AWS.
- Implementing cost control strategies.
About the exam
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional exam includes multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions. You will have 170 minutes to complete it. Exams are administered at Kryterion centers across the US.
The below prerequisites demonstrate the skills and knowledge that will help you achieve the AWS Solutions Architect – Professional certification.
- Required: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification.
- Two or more years of hands-on experience designing and deploying cloud architecture on AWS.
- Ability to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment and provisioning applications on AWS.
- Ability to provide best practices guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications, projects or the enterprise.
AWS Knowledge and Experience
- AWS core services, including Compute and Networking, Storage and CDN, Database, Application Services, Deployment and Management.
- Security features that AWS provides and best practices.
- Ability to design and implement for elasticity and scalability.
- Network technologies as they relate to AWS networking, including DNS and load balancing, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and AWS Direct Connect.
- Storage and archival options.
- State management.
- Database and replication methodologies.
- Self-healing techniques and fault-tolerant services.
- Disaster recovery and failover strategies.
- Application migration plans to AWS.
- Network connectivity options.
- Deployment and management.
General IT Knowledge
- Large-scale distributed systems architecture.
- Eventual consistency.
- Relational and non-relational databases.
- Multitier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, networking and databases.
- Loose coupling and stateless systems.
- Content delivery networks.
- System performance tuning.
- Networking concepts, including routing tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP and OSI model.
- RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
- One or more software development models.
- Information and application security concepts, including public key encryption, remote access, access credentials and certificate-based authentication.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam
The following course helps you prepare for this certification: