Prepare for the AWS Certified Developer Associate-level exam
The AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam validates your technical expertise in developing and maintaining applications on the AWS platform. It tests your knowledge of the following concepts:
- Picking the right AWS services for the application.
- Using AWS SDKs to interact with AWS services from your application.
- Writing code that optimizes performance of AWS services that your application uses.
- Code-level application security (IAM roles, credentials, encryption, etc.).
About the exam
The AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam includes multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions. You will have 80 minutes to complete it. Exams are administered at Kryterion centers across the US.
The below prerequisites demonstrate the skills and knowledge that will help you achieve the AWS Developer – Associate certification.
- One or more years of hands-on experience designing and maintaining an AWS-based application.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language.
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses and basic architecture best practices.
- Proficiency in designing, developing and deploying cloud-based solutions using AWS.
- Experience with developing and maintaining applications written for Amazon Simple Storage Service, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Simple Queue Service, Amazon Simple Notification Service, Amazon Simple Workflow Service, AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation.
AWS Knowledge and Experience
- Professional experience using AWS technology.
- Hands-on experience programming with AWS APIs.
- Understanding of AWS security best practices.
- Understanding of automation and AWS deployment tools.
- Understanding of storage options and their underlying consistency models.
- Excellent understanding of at least one AWS SDK
General IT Knowledge
- Understanding of stateless and loosely coupled distributed applications.
- Familiarity developing with RESTful API interfaces.
- Basic understanding of relational and non-relational databases.
- Familiarity with messaging and queuing services
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Work experience with information and application security, including public key encryption, SSH, access credentials and X.509 certificates.
AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam
The following course helps you prepare for this certification:
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help.
Request More Information