EMI/EMC in Military Systems Training Workshop
Registration closes for all classes 1 week prior to the start date.
Price match guaranteed, call for details or see here
08:30 - 09:00 WELCOMING AND INTRODUCTION
12:00 - 01:00 BREAK
05:00 - 05:00 CLOSED OF SESSION
EMI/EMC in Military Systems Training Workshop - hands-on
Systems EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) involves the control of EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) at the systems, facility, and platform levels (e.g. outside the box.) This three-day EMI/EMC in Military Systems Training course provides a comprehensive treatment of EMI/EMC problems in military systems. These include both the box level requirements of MIL-STD-461 and the systems level requirements of MIL-STD-464.
The emphasis is on prevention through good EMI/EMC design techniques – grounding, shielding, cable management, and power interface design. Troubleshooting techniques are also addressed in an addendum. Please note – this class does NOT address circuit boards or specific test issues. Each student will receive a copy of the EDN Magazine Designer’s Guide to EMC by Daryl Gerke and William Kimmel, along with a complete set of lecture notes.
Thinking about EMC training? The payback is there — just one extra trip to the test lab can cost you $10-20K in test and engineering time! Not to mention the additional cost of being late to the market, or the cost of fixing EMI problems in the field.
- 4 Days of EMI/EMC in Military Systems Training from an Authorized Instructor
- EMI/EMC in Military Systems Courseware
- Certificate of Completion
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
EMI/EMC in Military Systems Training Workshop – Audience/Target Group:
The target audience for this EMI/EMC in Military Systems course:
EMI/EMC in Military Systems Workshop – Prerequisites:
It is assumed that participants attending this EMI/EMC in Military Systems course:
EMI/EMC in Military Systems – Objectives:
Upon completion of this EMI/EMC in Military Systems course, the student will be able to:
- How to identify, prevent, and fix common EMI/EMC problems in military systems
- Simple models and “rules of thumb” and to help you arrive at quick design decisions (NO heavy math).
- EMI/EMC troubleshooting tips and techniques.
- Design impact (by requirement) of military EMC specifications (MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-464)
- EMI/EMC documentation requirements (Control Plans, Test Plans, and Test Reports)